The third week of The Great British Bake off is here! This means we've got another recipe for you.
This week's recipe is Carrot Cake Muffins!
Carrot Cake Muffins
- 500g Carrots
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (including extra)
- 1 Apple
- 250g wholemeal self-raising flour
- T Tbsp baking powder
- 4 Large large free-range eggs
- 4 Heaped tbsp (80g) sultanas
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp clear honey
- 1 orange (for zest)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C, Gas 4, fan 160˚C. Grease paper cases and use to line a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Wash the carrots and apple and grate them into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, flour, baking powder, milk, oil, cinnamon, sultanas, honey, and a pinch of orange zest. Combine mixture by stirring with a fork.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the muffin cases. Top with pumpkin seeds and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Before serving leave to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Muffins would go down a treat with perfectly brewed Tea, have a browse at our best sellers here.
Get involved in our future polls by following our Instagram or Facebook. and don't forget to tag us in your creations!